Highest quality, Best looking SUP paddle edge saver on the market.
The RSPro Paddle Blade Edge Protection has been carefully engineered not only taking into account protection and design, but also with an easy to install prerogative.
SUP Paddle Edge saver Features:
- Scratches and nicks protection for the edge of your carbon paddle blade.
- Pack of 2 RSPro Edge Savers: protection for 2 paddle blades. Perfect for kayak paddles, for protecting 2 SUP paddles or as a spare, as some paddlers can damage it.
- New harder material from December 2017.
- Keep your paddle blade new and safe. Higher reselling value.
- White color at the edge and transparent at the blade.
- Impact and abrasion resistance with minimum weight.
- Jumbo size to cover the full paddle blade edge.
- Easy installation. Pre-cut and allows repositioning while installing.
- Won’t yellow over time.
- Does not affect water flow.
- Designed & manufactured in Barcelona.
- 2 Edge Savers of 90cm (3’) x 1,8cm (0.7″) elastic 300 micron PU for high impact and abrasion resistance with the minimum weight.
- White at the center, with the RSPro logo at each side, and transparent at the blade.
- UV resistant and perfectly crystalline adhesive.
How To Install The RSPro SUP Paddle Edge Saver:
Tips For A Perfect Fit:
- Don’t install it on a cold environment. We recommend to install it at room temperature. Below 20ºC (68F) the material and glue tend to get rigid, so it would make the installation more difficult.
- Start by cleaning the paddle blade edge using alcohol and a cotton cloth or similar. It’s very important to get rid of debris or surfing wax. Do not use industrial cleaners, as some of them use silicones, and silicone is the worst enemy of any glue.
- The Paddle Blade Edge Protection kit comes with 2 units. Perfect for a kayak or for 2 SUP paddles. First of all separate the 2 units. We made it easy for you pre-cutting them.
- Remove the backing from the centre of the Edge Saver (again we made is easy for you pre-cutting the backing in 3 pieces) and apply it to the centre of the paddle blade.
- Starting by one side, start removing the backing and sticking it to the edge of the paddle blade.
- PRO TIP: The more tight the curvature of your paddle, the more you should stretch the Edge Saver. Stretch it hard!!!. It will self-conform to the shape of your paddle blade easier.
- Stick the rest until the end. We engineered the tip of the RSPro Edge Saver so is easier to apply and to get firmly adhered to your paddle. Have a look at the picture below.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Apply pressure evenly around the paddle, let it cure for some hours, and go paddle!!!
As you can see at the video it’s easy to reposition while installing it, but once it’s fixed, after some time, it can’t be repositioned again. We recommend to wait for 6 hours before going to the water.
If you need to remove it, we advice to apply some heat with a hair dryer or heat gun to soft the adhesive and to make it easier to remove.