SUP board rails get dings and chips. Good news is you can keep your board looking fresh and cool by protecting the rails with the RSPro Sup Rail Protection. If you do it, get the highest quality, and best looking rail protection on the market, and join the tens of thousands of happy customers worldwide.
Avoid cheap imitations to protect your valuable board and keep it’s reselling value.
RSPro is here to save your board in style. Performance and design for your board, made in Barcelona.
THE OG AND REAL RSPRO® RAIL SAVER FOR BIG BOARDS
- Protect your board rail, and don’t worry about hitting it with your paddle. Just enjoy!.
- Keep your board new and safe. Higher board reselling value.
- No visual impact due to trasparent material. Perfect for new boards.
- High impact and abrasion resistance with minimum weight.
- Optimized size for any board and paddler.
- Super-easy installation.
- Won’t yellow over time. Will last longer than your board.
- Zero drag
- Designed & manufactured in Barcelona
- Specifically designed to suit the needs of big boards, with big rails. Perfect for anything above 11′.
- Clear, translucid, with RSPro logo at the side in silver color for a perfect match to any board colors.
- 2 strips x 210cm(6’11″) x 8,9cm(3″1/2) semi-rigid 380 micron PVC lenticular pattern surface for high impact and abrasion resistance with the minimum weight. The lenticular patterns surface also facilitates adaptation to difficult areas and easy installation.
- UV resistant and perfectly crystalline adhesive.
How To Install The RSPro SUP Rail Protection:
Tips For The Perfect Fit:
- Don’t install it on a cold environment. We recommend to install it at room temperature. Below 20ºC (68F) the material and glue tend to get rigid, so it would make the installation more difficult. If you can’t do it at room temperature above that temperature, use a hairdryer or heat gun to apply a gentle heat over the rail protection before, during and after installation.
- Unroll the rail protection bands and place on at each side of the board.
- Mark with a pencil the center of the rail protection band.
- Before removing the backing, place the center of the rail protection band at the center of the board rail and extend it to the nose, mark the board with a pencil where the start of the rail protection band should be. Now you have the perfect placing longitudinally.
- Start peeling the front side of the rail protection band and start sticking it where you marked the board and on the edge of the board rail (this is the more external part of the board, and where all impacts will take place). Follow the board rail edge until the end.
If your board coating/painting is weak (usually the case on extremely expensive and on extremely cheap boards), or if you prefer to play around with the rail protection band until you find the perfect spot, spray some clean water over the rail of your board. It will allow you to move the rail protection band, and once placed, remove excess water with a squeegee or similar (example video). Rest of the water will evaporate by itself after some hours.
We recommend to wait for 6 hours before going to the water.
If you need to remove it, we advice to apply some heat with a hair dryer or heat gun to soft the adhesive and to make it easier to remove.