The Tahe Surfboards 7’9 Malibu is perhaps the most versatile of the DURA-TEC range, the Malibu is an excellent combination of longboard stability and manoeuvrability, with just enough length to make it easy to control.
Its user-friendly design provides ample floatation to catch all types of waves while the performance shape enables ‘down-the-line’ fun for first timers to advanced surfers.
The Malibu gives lightweights and smaller surfers an easy to carry, durable and stable “big-board” feel for starting out.
However, heavier or bigger surfers will enjoy the mid-range length and proven performance for their transition to shorter boards and bigger surf conditions. Our original 7’9” Malibu gained a reputation for versatility, long-lasting and affordable surfboard.
DURA-TEC combines an ultra-durable polyethylene outer shell (like a kayak but lighter weight) with a full polyurethane foam core (like that found in traditional surfboards)
These materials are thermoformed in steel molds to ensure consistent and accurate reproduction of the original shape. Proven and long lasting with great performance, we’ve been making recreational wind and surf boards like this since the 1980’s and many are still on the water today!
The Tahe Surfboards 7’9 Malubu is Ideal for:
- Beginners up to 150lbs/70kg
- Intermediates up to 185lbs/85kg
- Surfers looking for ding-proof, worry-free construction
Tahe Surfboards 7’9 Malibu Tech Specs
- Max Riders Weight: 190 lbs / 85 kg
- Length: 7’9″ / 238 cm
- Width: 22.00″ / 56 cm
- Thickness: 2.90″ / 7.3 cm
- Volume: 58 L
- Weight: 15.0 lbs / 6.8 kg
- Finbox Configuration Set Up: 3 x FCS M5 Thruster
- Supplied fin(s): 3 x FCS M5 Thruster
- Technology: DURA-TEC
- Country of manufacture: France
- Formerly known as BIC surfboards
- EXCLUSIVE DURA-TEC CONSTRUCTION – For extreme durability, excellent value for money and worry-free reliability
- PROVEN SHAPES – By legendary shapers Gerard DABBADIE and Peter PAN for riders of all sizes
- BUILT-IN NOSE GUARD – To enhance product lifetime
- FCS FINS – Come standard with every board
- SUSTAINABLY MADE IN FRANCE – At our own factory with strict environmental and working condition standards
Thermoforming around a Polystyrene Core
• Molded, Watertight EPS Foam Core for structural integrity
• Extremely tough outer polyethylene skin for extreme
• Embossed EVA foam pad for maximum comfort.
• Molded external inserts – no penetrations through outer
shell and maximum strength.
Products using this technique:
Designated Windsurf and SUP boards